The pre-K experience is critical, as it helps 3 and 4-year-old children develop the academic and life skills that will carry them into adulthood. Pre-K provides children with essential opportunities to learn and practice the social-emotional, problem-solving, and academic skills that they will use throughout their lives.
Our high-quality Early Childhood Programs…
- Boost academic skills
- Fuel intellectual curiosity
- Foster independence
- Instill a love of lifelong learning
Through common goals and high expectations, South Holland School District 151 is dedicated to building a strong foundation and igniting a lifelong passion for learning for children and their families.
Enrollment in Early Start begins with a Developmental Screening. Preschool screening appointments are scheduled at the beginning of each month for that month's appointments.
To learn more about Preschool Screening, call the District Office at the Jessica Buckner Administrative Center, 708-339-1516.
Early Childhood Program- Preschool For All (Pre-K At-Risk)
Preschool for All serves children ages 3 to 5 years old who are screened and identified as not progressing at a rate anticipated for potential success in kindergarten due to one or more at-risk variables. At-risk factors can include delays identified on screening instruments in the area of intellectual processing, academics, speech/communication, social-emotional development, and/or motor development. In addition, family environmental factors such as low income, homeless, parent/sibling with disability, parent education level, family structure, non-English speaking household, and others are also considered when identifying at-risk eligibility. This program is funded with an Illinois State Board of Education Early Childhood Block Grant. Please call (708) 339-1516 to schedule a developmental screening appointment.
- Students must be three (3) by September 1st and not age-eligible for kindergarten (5 by September 1).
- We provide a half day program
- Have a standardized curriculum: Creative Curriculum Literacy Approach is used in all classrooms, providing a research-based structure to support student growth and learning.
- We provide Preschool free of charge for children with special needs, children in temporary living situations, and income-eligible families.